COVID-19 – Update

Update Regarding 2020 CASPR Conference 


Hello CASPR Members,

On behalf of the board of directors and our conference co-chairs I would like to update you on the status of the 2020 conference in Toronto, ON from May 1-4.

Given the escalation of COVID-19 nationally and the associated risks of large gatherings we are currently looking at alternative options for the conference in 2020. Right now we are working with our conference partners, the hotel, our speakers and suppliers to ensure that we can deliver a safe and valuable conference in 2020. Given the timing of this pandemic and the escalating situation we are expecting that we will be postponing and once we can confirm that officially with our partners we will update the membership accordingly.

For those members that have already registered and paid for the conference (thank you!) we will have some options for you with regards to refunds and/or registration in the postponed conference. The reason for not doing this immediately is we need to understand how this change will be handled by our conference partners. Regardless of that outcome we will ensure that you will be covered and will have an update on that process next week.

At this point you can go ahead and cancel any travel associated with your conference registration.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this unique time. I also want to personally highlight the tireless work and leadership of our board members and especially our conference co-chairs Paula Mason and Cindy Snider. They are doing everything they can to manage this situation on top of dealing with their local work demands.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to and we will follow up with you accordingly.

Please stay safe and be the prudent leaders you all are in your respective communities. I have complete faith in Canada and Canadians to navigate this emerging crisis together.


Jamie Sitar
CASPR Board Chair