ROLE OF THE CASPR MEMBERS AT LARGE
Members at Large serve as a voting member of the Executive Board. Subject to the direction of the Board, the Members at Large will assist with the business of the Association and engage in committee or project work at the executive level.
- Understand and promote themission of CASPR
- Attend and actively participate in CASPR Executive meetings, including leadership development and strategic planning meetings.
- Review agenda and supporting documents prior toExecutive meetings
- AttendCASPR’s Annual General Meeting
- Make every effort to attendthe annual CASPR Conference
- Serve as representatives of the general CASPR membership
- Note: A Member at Large may be appointed to support a specific priority project of the Executive. Accordingly, s/he will serve as a representative of the project and its goals and objectives.
- Support CASPR standing committeesand contribute to advancing priority projects of the Executive:
- One (1) Member at Large must sit onthe Communications Committee
- One (1) Member at Large must sit onthe Education Committee
- Annually participate in the Nominating Committee which is struck in February to fill vacancies on the board. Membership includes: Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and one(1) or more members at large, as appointed by the Chairperson.
- In the event that any standing committee chair is unable to fulfill theduties of their executive position, a member at large may be requested to take on those responsible on an interim basis
- Adhere to conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
- Two(2) years
- This term may be reduced or extended, at the discretion of theExecutive Chair, in cases where a Member at Large is appointed to support a priority project of the Executive
Initially approved by the CASPR Exec: March 9, 2010
Last modified/updated: September 5, 2020
Last approved by the CASPR Exec: January 21, 2021