ROLE OF THE CASPR PAST CHAIR
The role of the CASPR Past Chair is to provide continuity and support to the new Chair and Board during transition of board leadership. Actively participate as a member of the Executive.
- Understand the organization’s mission and mandate, be aware of issues that are relevant to the organization, and keep up to date on trends in the community that might affect these issues.
- Briefs new Chair on position responsibilities and key information.
- Provides advice, support, and information as needed to the new Chair and board.
- Keep board discussions confidential.
- Bring own training, skills and experience to all board decisions.
- The Past Chair will participate on a committee and participate in their initiatives on an as needed basis.
- If the Chair and Vice Chair are unavailable, the Past Chair will chair the CASPR board meeting.
- The Past Chair will assist with the coordination of semi-annual leadership meetings with the board.
- Lead the discussions with our Diamond Sponsor in it’s initiatives and report to the executive on a monthly basis.
- Served as board Chair immediately preceding a new Chair
Initially approved by the CASPR Exec: January 21, 2021