CASPR Membership Policy
The CASPR Bylaws state membership shall be available only to individuals interested in furthering the Corporation’s purposes and who have applied for and been accepted into membership. The purpose of this policyis to further qualify eligibility, ineligibility, annual membership fees and payment schedule for membership with CASPR.
- Membership shall be open to those individuals who are engaged in the recruitment and retention of physicians to serve the healthcare needs of the community(s) they represent, and who are employed by organizations including hospitals, hospital corporations, clinics, health regions or authorities, public sector municipal, provincial or federal government agencies.
- Employees from third-party search firms, or who are affiliated with a third-party firm, are not eligible for CASPR membership.
- Consultants or employees who work for management companies are not eligible for membership.
- All individuals seeking membership in CASPR are required to complete and submit a CASPR membership application. Membership status is contingent upon approval by the Board, Membership Committee or their designee. CASPR reserves the right to deny membership to those who do not meet our mission and values.
- In the event a member becomes unemployed during the current membership year, or is in a career transition out of physician recruitment, the member may retain Interim status for the remainder of the membership year.
- Interim status will allow the individual to retain membership and be eligible for membership benefits.
- Interim status members will continue to have voting privilege and may continue to hold a Director, or any standing committee position that was held prior to becoming Interim status, at the discretion of the Board.
- In the event the individual becomes employed, and no longer meets the eligibility for membership based on the criteria above, their membership will be terminated.
- Annual membership fees shall be established by the Board and may be amended from time-to-time by the Board in its discretion.
- The current annual membership fee is $175.00.
- In the event of any member being ninety (90) days in arrears of annual membership fees, the Treasurer shall give the member ten (10) days’ final notice of arrears. If the membership fees are not paid within that ten (10) day notice period, the member in default shall cease to be a member.
- A member shall not be entitled to vote or have other privileges of membership during the period in which their membership fees remain outstanding.
- A member may be reinstated by payment of all arrears in full.
- Members in good standing have access to all privileges and benefits of CASPR membership including:
- Vote on matters brought before the Membership
- The right to stand for and hold Executive positions
- Ability to post physician job opportunities on this web site.
- Access to information sharing email network/chat line, and contacts for member organizations.
- Listed in our public Members Directory
- Attend and vote at Annual General Meeting
- Annual Conferences and other CASPR functions and events.